Pages

Friday, March 20, 2020

1.8 Whom She Loves


"Glycerine," Alejandro breathes. "Your beauty makes me weak."



"Plumbob, no!" Glycerine shoves the flower offering away. She is literally cornered, in her own family kitchen, by this dope of a friend of her sister's. "I'm going steady with Myles and you need to respect that!"



"My life is meaningless. I am not beautiful enough to court you."

"You are so freaking creepy. I don't know why Tilly hangs out with you."



Alejandro bolts from the house.

In the background another romance brews. Jym has a crush on Gus Miller.



Jym and Gus are already doing bedroom stuff.



I didn't get many pics of them, but they dated through most of high school.




The triplets go clubbing sometimes, hoping to pick up the club dance skill, but it never happens.




Jym orders the onion rings. The son of the town's only five star chef is pretty sure he could make superior ones himself, though. He is hard to please.



Here's Ignatius chilling at home in his work uniform.

Cinnamon likes to watch cooking shows with him, for the rare but memorable occasions that he will criticize the TV chefs.



Jym still helps his mother with the gardens, but it's mostly a silent, meditative experience.



In early childhood, Jym wanted to grow up to be just like his father. Now that he's older, with tons of experience in the garden and in the kitchen, he realizes he prefers the garden.

Jym will inherit his mother's nectary business. He is no longer her least favorite child.



That would be Tilde.

"Your sister is winning art competitions left and right, your brother is set to take over the family business, and what do you do? Nothing! You lay around in bed till noon, then you run around town with your sleazy friends!"

Tilde glares. "Is this about Alejandro hitting on Glee? I already gave him shit for that."

"This is about your lack of ambition."

"You don't know me, Mom!"

"Don't I?"

"I'm a teenager! I don't have to have my life all planned out!"

"Well it helps to have a plan!"



Tilde does have an idea about what she wants to do with her life... she just can't tell her mother, because Cinnamon wouldn't approve.



Tilde has a part time job at the stables, and she's finally saved enough to purchase her own horse.

His name is Grim.



Tilde can't bring Grim home, so she pays for his board at the training center stables, and slips away every single day to take him for runs and practice jumping.



Sometimes Alejandro hangs out with her there.

"I don't get it. Wouldn't your mom be proud you have a job?"

"She'd want to know where the money went, and she'd be furious it went towards a horse. She doesn't think horse racing is a good profession and she'd go ballistic if she knew I planned to race..."

"So does she think it's cruel to the horses, or is she afraid for your safety, or...?"

"Jockeys are the most frequently injured and worst paid athletes of any professional sport. But I don't really care about her opinion."

"Then why hide Grim?"

"Because Mom's a !@#$%? She'd sell him and then ground me till graduation."



Despite being the closest thing the family has to a golden child, Glycerine also endures Cinnamon's harsh criticism for any perceived foolish step. Ignatius tries to step in on their daughter's behalf, but his wife is having none of it...

"Gracie Loveland's sons are worthless! They both have the clumsy trait and failed all of their aptitude tests. They'll amount to nothing." Cinnamon can't even remember which Loveland boy Glycerine is dating, but Gracie is her friend so she knows all about Locke and Myles and their various struggles.

"Glee can make her own decisions about whom she loves..." Igs soothes.

"Don't pull out words like WHOM, you Grog Blossom!" Cinnamon snaps.

Glycerine rolls her eyes and pretends she's somewhere else. She has a date with Myles tonight and her silly parents are NOT going to keep her from it.



I'm not sure if anyone in the house has noticed, but Toffee and Coffee are both pregnant.



Toffee spawns Paprika, Pepper, and Salt.



Coffee only has one puppy... this little pinkish guy the family names Poppyseed.




Near the end of their high school career Gus and Jym's relationship gets an official "break" so Gus can try dating girls. Jym decides not to sulk about this, and quickly jumps into romantic flings with other guys.

This one is Lysander Lack. The Lack family just moved into the area from Starlight Shores, and Lysander was miserable about it until he met Jym.

Lysander was terrified thinking everyone in Appaloosa Plains would be very mean to him, for some reason. Something about cultural differences. Starlight Shores is a big city, and Appaloosa Plains is an isolated ranching town that "nobody" cares about.

Jym is a little offended to have his home thought of in such negative terms. He does his best to change Lysander's opinion about it.



So they have this whole romantic subplot that eventually ends when Lysander decides to go steady with Sharon Martingale-Schreckengast.

It's not the first time Jym has been dumped for a woman, and it won't be the last.




Sophie becomes more aggressive in her old age.





Other dog pictures.





Puppy pictures.



Sophie in flowers.



Pepper and Salt.



Aged sim aging nectar.



A father who still makes his son's bed.




A painting called Lovesick.



An unexpected downpour.




Teenage daughter disgusted by random thing father is doing. More news at 11.









______________________________
Etc.: Okay, so, I rolled Full House for gen 2, so of course I'm keeping the triplets together. One of the careers was farmer/nectar maker again, but instead of rerolling I decided one of the kids could take over Cinnamon's work. Congratulations Jym.

7 comments:

  1. That first picture had me wheezing, what is that face?? The description ("Alejandro breathes") really cemented how creepy he is X_X

    I'm glad the triplets are staying together! I feel bad for Jym, that must be really rough, always being rejected :( I hope he finds someone eventually.

    Sidenote; where is that last name Shreckengast from? I've never heard it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I de-aged the elder Appaloosa Plains townies and moved them into empty houses. :)

      https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Jay_Schreckengast

      Delete
  2. I love the triplets and their distinct personalities! It's always great to get rolls that let you keep more than one kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Jym and Gus are already doing bedroom stuff." That made me snort. Poor Jym dumped for women.

    Glad that the triplets will be together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel kind of bad for putting zero effort into writing romances for Jym. It's a trend that will follow the poor guy into adulthood. xD

      Delete
  4. The garden is huge! And I love the cute flowers in front of the house.

    Congrats to Jym for advancing in Cin’s child ranking…I guess. Cinnamon is terrible, but such a fun character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "When you get what you want but not what you need... could it be worse?"

      "When you love someone, but it goes to waste... could it be worse?"

      Delete