Wednesday, February 5, 2020
1.3 Let's Have Kids
Cinnamon sells the literal fruits of her labor to a local nectary that allows her to craft her own booze using their equipment. She's dreamed of this for a long time, right down to the fancy labels she'll slap on the product, but the realities here are less beautiful than her fantasies.
The owner keeps uncomfortably close watch over her work.
She makes friends, finally, with someone.
Gracie Loveland, the bubbly lady always tending the register the clothing & makeup shop next door, is fascinated by Cinnamon's fashion sense.
New paths are found.
New clothes are bought.
Sophie is an old dog, learning new tricks.
While Cinnamon struggles to make her dreams come true, and sometimes wonders why she had those dreams in the first place, Ignatius is promoted quickly in a career he chose only because it was the first "now hiring" sign he saw in town.
He started washing dishes, and then they let him cook, and soon he was a Sous Chef.
People must like him... or his cooking... or something.
Cinnamon isn't sure what his secret is.
Once he's promoted to executive chef, he has a lot of time off, and is able to help Cinnamon water and fertilize the massive garden, as promised.
Not that she wanted his help.
Then one day Cinnamon ages into an adult... not just a young adult... and has a midlife crisis moodlet. She's getting older, she thinks, and still has so little to show for it. She was so sure she'd be extremely wealthy by now. She'd have an amazing estate, and an adoring family.
"Let's have kids," she says, without preamble.
Iggy nearly chokes on his pie.
"I had the impression... you didn't really want them," he replies, when he finds his voice.
She frowns and arches an eyebrow. "I thought this would make you happy."
"It does! I just... what brought this on, Cinny?"
"Well I'm not getting any younger. I'm not at the place I wanted to be in life but I don't think we can wait much longer or we'd be in the grave before we can watch them graduate."
Like most sims, our protagonists are far too cavalier about procreating.
That includes Sophie.
The Bedlingtons' dog, Buckley, is quick to show Sophie to his doghouse.
Ah, yes. Pregnancy cravings.
The ballooning is uncomfortable. Cinnamon is shocked her mother didn't warn her against doing this. There must be some sort of grandchild-wanting conspiracy at play here.
Ignatius tries to keep her away from the back-breaking work in the garden, but she's not having any of it. Nothing will keep her from her perfect plants.
Ignatius has many name suggestions, but she vetoes them all.
"Jim? Lily? Really?" Cinnamon scoffs. "Those are such Appaloosa Plains names."
Iggy pouts. "When in Rome..."
"NO."
Cinnamon goes into labor on her way to the nectary one morning.
And that's when the universe plays a cruel trick on her...
...for at the end of the day she has not one...
...not two...
...but THREE screaming babies.
And by the end of the night, the household has two puppies as well.
Toffee and Coffee are not identical, but good f***ing luck telling them apart.
_____________________________________________
Etc.: Cinnamon brings in a good bit of cash from selling her produce, but tending the garden is an all day job (because of its size), even with her husband's occasional assistance. I allow Ignatius to water and fertilize the plants sometimes, but force Cinnamon to do all of the actual planting and harvesting. This stays within the spirit of the rules well enough for me.
Nectar making is also an all day affair. Each batch of nectar takes forever to make and requires a bit of babysitting since it's not happening on the home lot. I'm building a wine cellar to age what she makes, and once she's at the top of the farming career (self employed), I'll throw her in the nectar making career to see how high she can get. I'm interested to see if she can max out both before she dies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

































CIN HAD MORE BABIES THAN THE DOG. She looks appropriately pissed off too. I’m curious to find out what names she considers to be less Appaloosa Plains XD
ReplyDeleteWhat are those pretty pink (spiceberry?) flowers in the garden? I don’t think I’ve seen those before.
"CIN HAD MORE BABIES THAN THE DOG."
DeleteAHAHA I didn't even think of it that way. That's great. :')
The pink flowers are Red Valerian, one of the Supernatural plants.