Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

2.4 Three Whole Watermelons



"You think you can handle this bar?" Becky Blackburn, mixologist at the Kara-O.K. Corral, glances suspiciously at their surroundings, then back to Myles. "This bar will eat you alive. But okay! You get one shot!"

Becky is technically his cousin, the estranged daughter of his uncle, Booker Singleton, but the cousins are not close in age and don't know much about each other.



Anyway, Myles manages to impress his cousin with a mediocre handling of the bar and so becomes a regular bartender at the karaoke place. This in addition to his sometimes bar-tending at Barney's. He and his wife want to start a family, so stockpiling cash has become a priority for him.



Sometimes Glycerine shows up here after work to show her support. She doesn't order drinks, she just dances or keeps Myles company.



Tilde thinks this place is pretty fun.



Oh no, a wild Cinnamon has appeared.




"Didn't I tell you that Loveland boy would never amount to a bilge rat?! How much is he pulling in in tips? A hundred a night if he's lucky? Pah!"

"Mother... not now, please..."



Here's Jym in his nectary. He's never actually sold any wine, because he's still aging it, but we're expecting a big payout someday...



Bright and Grim have reproduced.




 Tilde is calling the foal "Socks".



Glycerine has successfully become pregnant as well. Throughout the pregnancy, she suffers from constant backaches and frequent vomiting.



All the illness and pain makes Myles nervous. He's excited, but anxious for the baby to be born.



Glycerine takes a long maternity leave from her job so she can rest and prepare for the baby. The preparations include turning the room Tilde used to sleep in into a pink & purple nursery.



"I'm gonna be the best auntie ever," Tilde coos at her sister's swollen tummy. "Yes I am!"

"I can't wait for her to get here," Glycerine says.

"You're really banking on it being a girl..." Tilde realizes, as she glances around at the decor.

"Of course. I ate three whole watermelons."

"Uhhh. You know the watermelons thing is just an old wives' tale, right?"

Glycerine frowns. "...Well... if she's a boy... that's okay too. I don't think a boy was ever hurt by pink duckies and flamingo decor."

"I'm just so happy for you, Glee." Tilde's words are sincere, but deep down she is comparing her life's milestones to her sister's, and wondering if she is just as lacking as she has always been.

She thought she was happy, with her blossoming career and carefree lifestyle, but she has few friends and no romance, past or present, and her siblings are her only family. Would someone else look at her life and judge it depressing?




Tilde goes to the festival grounds on Love Day, hoping to luck out and find true love, but a sudden downpour has everyone either leaving or crowding into this old barn to watch a small child play guitar.




Tilde darts out into the rain for a second to grab some cotton candy.

I'm not sure what chemicals in there are keeping it from melting.



"So basically I've given up on love," she explains to her brother-in-law, recounting her disastrous day at the festival.

"Aww, Tilly, it's not like you to give up so easily! It takes time to meet people and find someone you click with. Glee and I just got lucky... we met young, got along real well, and kind of grew up influencing each other's opinions."

"So that's the secret to why you never fight?"

"We do fight."

"You do?"

"Yep, but we get over it fast, because it's never important. We agree on everything important."

"I can't decide if that's perfect or absolutely dull," Tilde mumbles.



Here's Tilde's bedroom, by the way.

It's on the upper floor of the barn, which sounds bad but is quite cozy.






Tilde's room is next to her brother's, and they have a small kitchen and bathroom up here and everything, just in case they want to stay in on a snow day.



This arrangement was decided when they bought the property; Myles and Glycerine would need the second bedroom in the house proper for their eventual children, and there was plenty of room to renovate the barn... they'd just need to save up the cash to do so.

That's all taken care of now.





Jym's room.





Tilde's side-quest for love takes her to the gym next. "Gains That Last!" the sign claims.

It's a well-kept and well-advertised place. Almost too nice to be in this dusthole town, Tilde thinks. She has never gone to the gym before because she didn't want to pay for use of the equipment, and her at-home routine in front of the television works just fine, but maybe she can meet some hunky dudes here or something?



Like, this guy seems promising.



...Never mind, he has the asshole trait.



Time to leave!




On her way out Tilde spots Adrian Loveland, Myles's brother's wife, heavily pregnant, yet lifting weights.

Later that night Adrian gives birth to a little boy named Steve.




A teenager shows up on the porch begging for Spooky Day candy in the middle of spring.

One day I'll get tired of collecting screenshot evidence of this glitch.



Let's everybody form an orderly queue for the salt lick...




Yes, we know. Pregnancy is the worst.



Glycerine decides it was all worth it once she's holding her new baby girl.




She and Myles decide they like the name Spencer.

Statistically, someone had to.







_______________________________________
Etc.: If you've ever had sim horses, you know that the horse gnome is a plague. I have to delete at least five of them per sim day.

(I wrote that joke many months ago, and it has not aged well.)

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the images of people randomly working out, for some reason. The horsie trophies! Those are so cool! Are they individually labeled like the tomb relics or are they ll just gold or silver?

    Also I feel obliged to ask- why flamingos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, each trophy is labeled. They are all for coming in first place at a competition (jumping, racing, or cross country). There's a different trophy style for each of the three types of competitions, and then you get bronze for beginner, silver for advanced and gold for international wins. Second and third place just gets money, and not too much of it.

      Glee likes flamingos. Who doesn't?

      Delete
    2. O.o I love that they get international! I won't have an equestrian for quite a while, but I've never really played through it other than to suck and get bored of it, so that should be an interesting gen when I finally get there.

      You love flamingos too, is what I was getting at :3
      (I love their color, but they are obnoxious birds irl lol)

      Delete