Pages

Friday, March 6, 2020

1.6 Jazzed for This


"Don't you dare reach for that leftover spaghetti," Ignatius warns. "I'm making crepes!"

Tilde pouts. Spaghetti is her favorite.



Seating in the kitchen/dining area became a nightmare. There just wasn't enough space. Cinnamon's solution is to have a "kiddy table", complete with chairs painted with dog and lion and duck faces, for the triplets while she and her husband eat at a small corner table.



Winter is here yet again. The big fluffy dogs seem to enjoy it.



Cinnamon jars up the last of this year's main harvest, sighing at her dormant garden outside.



The indoor plants continue to produce at a good rate. Jym is the only one of Cinnamon's children to express an interest in helping her with the garden. She teaches him what to do, and listens to him babble about his stupid elementary school problems while they work.

"I was one of three kids too, you know," she says one day.

Jym perks up with interest. "Really?"

"Yep. It sucked. I was the third, the late one. An accident, kind of like you."

Jym frowns. "Me?"

"Well, one of you's on purpose, the other two are accidents. I have no idea which is which."

"Oh..."

"Anyway. My sister and I didn't get along so well, but my brother was the best."

"Where are they now?"

"Pepper is still on the island, I'm sure, but Cori took off with his boyfriend to Bridgeport. I was mad at first, felt kind of left behind. But I couldn't blame him."



 Jym makes a concentrated effort to be the favorite...




...but his mother is consistently more impressed with Glycerine's art.




Tilde never gets any praise either, Jym notices, but at least she doesn't try.

Tilde has named her rocking horse "Sir Barnabas" and pets him and talks to him as if he's alive. One time she even tried to feed him oats.

Cinnamon doesn't think too highly of Tilde's intelligence.



Despite the thick snow, the kids are sent off to school the first Monday after their age-up. Their parents celebrate with a woohoo in the igloo Jym and Tilde constructed the prior night.







After that it's off to the Sweetapple Ridge Country Club, to celebrate their success in life in general. Ignatius is a five star chef, already popular among the Appaloosa Plains elite, and Cinnamon has made quite a name for herself among the area's many nectar connoisseurs.



Cinnamon might make a show of ordering her own brand if there were other people around to witness it, but with her audience being only the bartender, she asks for some other overpriced garbage instead. She can drink her own nectar at home any time she wants after all.




Cinnamon shows the dance floor who's boss, but with the club this empty, it's hardly any fun.



So they head for the sauna instead.




When the kids get home from their first day at school, Igs takes them fishing. Tilde has been jazzed for this all week, but Glycerine says "ew" and refuses to participate.

"I made lots of friends, but they made fun o' me accent," Tilde complains.

Jym confirms her story. The triplets have all resolved to lose the Barnacle Bay accent as soon as they can, now that they have people to talk to who aren't their parents.



Just a nice pic of the house across the street. I didn't know it when I took the picture, but our second generation will move into this house in about three more updates.



 A pic of the laundry area in the current house.I just thought it was cute.



The hallway leading to Jym and Glycerine's bedrooms.





More dog tax. Cinnamon brushes Coffee while Toffee waits for her turn.





_______________________________________
Etc.: Coffee has the extra brown flecks on her back. Toffee has beige spots on her ears.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, Cinnamon telling Jym that two of the triplets are accidents and then Jym trying hard to be the favorite. :(

    The laundry area really does look cute, and I love the wallpaper in the hallway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Cinnamon should have tried harder to be a good mother, but she didn't. :(

      Delete